Related Entities

Apr 9, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Hi,

I tried to do a similar control in the past, with Entity Framework.

The problem are always the foreign keys and related entities: in your sample, country is always another entity with a CountryId and a CountryName. And to be usefull, the control must let select the CountryName in your list, even it is come from another entity.

Do you have any plan to add this feature?

Marcos

(Sorry, I'm also open an issue tracker for the same item)

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Hi Marcos

Glad to hear that the control of someone useful.

Sets of keys/fields is limited only by the developer-related entities which serves as input.

ie all related entities on the server side in ria services model to be displayed in the box to filter the data.

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2010 at 2:04 PM
Edited Apr 14, 2010 at 2:05 PM
hi mtabaj. thought again about your words. do you mean the substitution of data from related tables into the field "Value"?
Apr 14, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Hi bykinaq,

Thanks for following.  What I want is to be able to select all the customers who lives in Spain, even if in the customer table I have only the countryid.

What I want is to show CountryName in the fieldlist.

A typical case:  I use Guids for the IDs, so it's imposible to ask to write the Guid as a selection value.  I want to recover the related entities (Countries in this case), and add their properties to the fieldname list (or at list some of them, via some convention...)

I hope it is clear, don't hesitate to contact me.

Marcos

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2010 at 7:50 PM
ok, i test related entities, it is not show us related fields of object, just name of object. I'll think about how to do it. thanks for the idea. if you have patch for this, please give me him. :)
Apr 16, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Hi people,

Im having the same dilemma with related entities. If someone has an idea of how to solve the problem i would like to know.
I am going to give it a try also if i have the time.

Let´s keep eachother posted.

Sebastian

Coordinator
Apr 16, 2010 at 3:07 PM
Edited Apr 16, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Hi Sebastian.

Yes, you can help to this project.

You just need to look at:

Utilities.cs => Public Method GetListOfPropertyPathNames => Line 171

I take all of this code from SilverlightToolkit => DataForm