FEATURE LIST

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2010 at 12:19 PM
Edited Dec 17, 2010 at 1:50 PM

I will plan to make:

- mini controls that can be attached into one PropertyPath and used in the DataGridColumnHeader its looks like popups with full functionality;

- add ignore list of PropertyPath fields that must be ignored by control and can't be showed; IMPLEMENTED

- show different sets of filters depending on the type of data bound field; IMPLEMENTED

- Parse Related Entities fields and show it at the ComboBox items; IMPLEMENTED

- Use/parse User-frendly Fields names from Domain model (DisplayAttribute class); IMPLEMENTED

- Parse Related EntityCollection<Entity> fields and show it at the ComboBox items; IMPLEMENTED

- Use DisplayOrder attribute from DomainService to order fields; IMPLEMENTED

any suggestion please.

Jul 27, 2010 at 10:31 AM

hi bykinag,

can we add a feature where in operations dropdown it should show operators related to the type of the field drop down, for example if I have selected SALARY  which is an integer field and so the operation dropdown should not show the CONTAINS operator and other operaters which cant be used with an integer field , infact the control is giving an error when CONTAINS operator is used with any Integer type field, can u provide this feature with priority.

Thanks

Ahmed Kapasi

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2010 at 3:45 PM
Hi, thanks for the suggestion, I promise to think about implementation
Sep 17, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Hi

it's a very nice project.

I think that what you miss, is the nullable supports, and also all other primitive types as short, single (i don't know if there are others)

another suggestion, is that if I have an entity related to the type, you should can select this property in the filter and set IsNull or IsNotNull as filter. andalso, the FieldName of the related properties, should start with the name of this related property
for example: if you remove from the exclusion list the employee1.* you can see:

employee1 as filter in the combo, but you can't select a filter (IsNull and IsNotNull can be very useful)
and the other properties of employee1 have the same name of the parent property, so you are not sure what property you select.this property, I think, should start with "Employee1" (Employee1.PropertyName)

another options could be the possibility to indicate only the list of property you want include, so that you don't have to remember to exclude each property, but you can write the only 2 or 3 properties for the filter

maybe another useful thing is addind the support of nested filters with "or" and "and"

thank you

Luca

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2010 at 10:46 AM
Edited Dec 5, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Hey, thanks for suggestion.

Q: "Can i set IsNull or IsNotNull as filter?"

A: no you can't, because filters comes from "FilterOperator" enum, and that is not have this operators, and anyway RIA Services do not support this operators, when it will be possible, i implement that;

Q: "I think FieldName of the related properties, should start with the name of this related property?"

A: i think about that, but anyway you can use "DomainEntityFieldCollection" to define user-frendly field names; - IMPLEMENTED

Q: "I think IncludeFieldList not working properly"

A: i think about that and fix soon;

Q: "maybe another useful thing is adding the support of nested filters with 'or' and 'and'?"

A: at the current time RIA Services do not support multifilter and than control do not support this too, at the future when RIA Services can do that, i implement that;

Sep 17, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Hi,
just a note about the IsNull or IsNotNull, you can obtain this query with ria services if you use a filter descrpitor with Operator IsEqualTo (or IsNotEqualTo) and value as Null.

I have just tested with this tag in xaml code and the query is made in database with the "is not null" operator

<riaControls:FilterDescriptor PropertyPath="xxxx" Operator="IsNotEqualTo" Value="{x:Null}" />

thank you
Luca