Limiting the Columns from the filter list.

Jul 21, 2010 at 12:36 PM
Edited Jul 21, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Hi byKinag,

Can you help me in finding the way to show selected columns in the filtering list and not all from DomaindataSource.

Thanks

Ahmed Kapasi

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2010 at 5:22 PM
hi, can you extend your question? I do not quite understand you.
Jul 22, 2010 at 9:54 AM

hi,

I want to display only selective columns in the Field Name combobox of the DataFilter,DataSort,DataGroup and not all the columns of the domaindatasource , did u get my question this time?

Thanks

Ahmed Kapasi

Coordinator
Jul 22, 2010 at 1:50 PM

i think understand you.

if you look at my feature list, i planned to make IgnoreFieldList where you can set fields that can't displayed at field list of my control - that is what you need?

Jul 22, 2010 at 5:03 PM
You got me right, so have u added that feature of IgnoreFields?, anyways I have created three new public properties, ColumsToFilter,ColumnsToGroup,ColumnsToSort in the respective control and which takes Comma Separated column Names String which is to be displayed and if nothing is passed it will show all columns , and its working fine , anyways I must say u have created an excellent control , nice piece of work dude well done keep it up. Thanks Ahmed Kapasi
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2010 at 7:03 PM
Edited Jul 22, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Hi Ahmed,

look at download page, i implement the feature with IgnoreFieldList,

use it and be happy :)

note: look at sample project for details, know i going to modify documentation page

Jul 23, 2010 at 7:53 AM

Thanks alot buddy , I will use this feature instead of the feature I have added as I guess the code what u have written must be the best one, and I must say that I like the way you code with proper comments and maintaining Region for properties and methods, I personally also try to keep my code very neat and formatted.

Thanks

Ahmed Kapasi

Jul 23, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Hi,

Buddy Can you help in one more issue actually its not directly a part of this control , but I have to use your control as usercontrol which will like a popup control and can be moved anywhere in the screen and have a close button , I want to put this usercontrol in my screen near to my datagridcontrol and when I will click on this control(image or button) it will popup this usercontrol containing the Data Filter contro. I hope I made u understand my requirement.

Thanks

Ahmed Kapasi

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2010 at 11:33 AM

hi Ahmed.

if you look at feature list i planned to make mini controls that can be attached to Fields and used at headers with ContextMenu of controls.

but any way do not known how to help you at the current time.

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Ahmed, i think you can use Expander control from Silverlight Toolkit.

put into Expander your TabControl with RIADataFilter controls and move Expander above your DataGrid.

hope this helps.

Jul 24, 2010 at 7:47 AM

Thanks buddy for your suggestion but dont know whether expander or Accordion control(tried both) will help as I wanted some control which I can drag any where on my screen, I will work on it today let see if I find some good stuff anyways, just to share it with you that initially when I tried using your control  using just its DLL in my project it didnt work I mean nothing(Sorting,grouping,filtering) was working it was only after I added the whole DataFilter project(with Source) in my Project it started working, can u let me know what else has to be done to use this control in case we want to use only DLL of this control in our project.

Thanks

Ahmed Kapasi

Jul 24, 2010 at 7:49 AM
Edited Jul 24, 2010 at 7:50 AM

Hi,

Buddy I cant see the feature list of this control anywhere on this site , help me to locate it pls

Thanks

Ahmed Kapasi

Coordinator
Jul 24, 2010 at 8:02 AM

feature list:

http://riadatafilter.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=218283

Q: "dll is not working at my project, what i need to do?"

A: make sure you using silverlight 4 and wcf ria services, and you add DLL as Reference to you project

sample, that going with new release work properly?

if yes, analyze that project.

Jul 27, 2010 at 10:33 AM

hi bykinag,

Can we add a feature where in operations dropdown  should show operators related to the type of the field drop down, for example if I have selected SALARY  which is an integer field and so the operation dropdown should not show the CONTAINS operator and other operaters which cant be used with an integer field , infact the control is giving an error when CONTAINS operator is used with any Integer type field, can u provide this feature with priority, it will really be helpful.

Thanks

Ahmed Kapasi