Hiding Error Message

Aug 10, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Hi byKinag

Can you Hide the Error message which pops up due to applying wrong operator , like if I apply greater then(>) operator on a string field it throws an error message , can you handle this error so that instead of getting popup message nothing should happen as this wont be acceptable by our client.

Thanks

Ahmed Kapasi

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2010 at 3:50 PM
Ahmed, can you please send me the screenshot with data filter values that you use when error happens (with error message)?
Aug 11, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Hi bykinag,

Sending you the screen shot for the error on you notifications@codeplex.com as dont know how to attach sreen shot here, In the Screen Shot I have grid where I am showing Vendor details like id ,name etc, and I am filtering on vendorid field using contains operator on this it the control gives error.

Thanks

Ahmed Kapasi

Aug 11, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Hi bykinag,

I am not able to send screen shot file to this notifications@codeplex.com  account, how to send you the screen shot pls let me know.

Thanks

Ahmed Kapasi

Coordinator
Aug 11, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Ahmed ))))

notifications@codeplex.com - it is not main email (if you known it, please DO NOT POST IT HERE, because it is personal information).

share you image with "image hosting" service.

look at this:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&newwindow=1&q=image+hosting

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2010 at 9:42 AM
good news, look at the download page. next step is make Validators, because users can set Value -> "asd" with FilterOperator -> "IsLessThen"
Aug 14, 2010 at 10:27 AM

hi bykinag,

Sorry but couldnt understand what you trying to say , can you please elaborate on it.

Thanks

Ahmed Kapasi

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2010 at 11:31 AM
Edited Aug 14, 2010 at 11:32 AM
oh sorry.

i mean Validators for Value field, because if user sets:
Field: CustomerID (int)
Operator: IsLessThen (FilterOperator)
Value: asd (string)

and after press Apply button, we have error.

for this situation we need to write Validator for Value by FieldType and shows errors to users for correct that filter value.
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2010 at 5:03 PM
Edited Aug 20, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Hi Ahmed.

Now try to realize the ability to filter data entered by the user in the field FilterValue as was done in Telerik - Silverlight Controls - Data Filter or we can try to use this whitepaper

you can participate in the implementation of this functionality, I think we need to use Regex Patterns for the following types:
-byte, int, decimal - with include the range of each type;

- bool (?);

- string;

- datetime (must be culture oriented, because at russia we have format dd.mm.yyyy);

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Hi bykinag,

Good to hear from you and thanks for inviting me for implementing this feature, but I think our top priority should be given to the feature where we can handle the Foreign key fields in this control as this seems to be a show stopper if you ask me , so I think we should find some solution for this as soon as possible for this problem. I hope you also must be looking for the solution so did u find anything for this problem ?

Thanks

Ahmed Kapasi

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2010 at 8:01 AM

Hi Ahmed.

nope, only that, what i write at my ForumPost, where i talking with MVP and havent answer :(