New features implemented

Aug 16, 2010 at 6:56 AM

Hi bykinag,

Thanks alot for implementing the fieldtype oriented filteroperators in the control, but can you please let me know in what all files you have made changes, as I have also made some changes to display User friendly Field names in the Field Name dropdown of  the datagrid instead of picking up the field actual name from domaindatasource control and so I have to keep my changes also while updating it with your new code.

Thanks

Ahmed Kapasi

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2010 at 7:03 AM

Hi Ahmed.

changes are very extensive and have been made in all controls.

Aug 16, 2010 at 8:38 AM

ok , but the problem is that I have also made changes which was much required in my project as mentioned in my previous post and which will be required to most of the programmer who will use this control , so why dont you implement changes what I have made in your code also so that we can be in sync, .

Thanks

Ahmed Kapasi

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Ahmed, can you show me your changes?

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2010 at 12:06 PM
Edited Aug 16, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Ahmed's CENSORED message:

"

hi bykinag,

Sure I can show you the code I am sending you the code to your gmail account CENSORED, please find the new FilterGridList,SortGridList,GroupGridList objects at class level in the respective control and the DisplayFieldList Property and you will know what I have changed, also in my project I have hidden the Cancel button and so I have not made any changes in the CanFilters() method.

Thanks

Ahmed Kapasi

"

Ahmed,

I already asked you do not to write my email address publicly,

I ask again,

DO NOT DO IT (this is personal information) - I hate spammers!

edit please your prev message and remove my email.

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Ahmed,

please forgive me,

but your code you only cause confusion in the code,
I try to avoid such situations,

look at my implementation.

When I have an idea to implement,
I think not only about the implementation,
but also about all the control in general,
that this innovation can give a whole,
then I plan to plan their actions and build a rough picture of the changes in the head,
after all these action,
I will proceed to implementation.

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2010 at 12:39 PM

The fact is that the next developer comes and says:
"Why the control not have ignore field list"

therefore, certainly need both approaches, but say "the list to display" should be a high priority over the "ignore list".

I'll think about how to do it all and implement it.

Aug 17, 2010 at 6:55 AM

hi bykinag,

Very sorry for posting your email ID but that was not intentional, any ways thanks for your reply and will wait for the new features you are going to add in this control, till than all the very best.

Thanks

Ahmed Kapasi